-
May 5th, 2003, 01:28 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I would like information regarding the installation of bonding conductors to ground in ground swimming pools. First off I was under the impression that the minimum AWG for bonding pools was #8 but in reading the CEC 2002 it state #6 as the minimum, was it ever #8?
My question is if the pool house that has a 30 amp 240volt sub panel run from the main house with a 10/3 or even an 8/3, the bonding run to this sub panel is #12 for a 10/3 & a #10 for an 8/3, considerably less than the #6 minimum requirements. My only guess is the large AWG is for durability & a low line loss?am I right?
Also what about bare copper wire being in concrete and under ground as far as it?s durability being exposed to this environment? Thanks, Joe
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks